Graduate Program Admissions
Pursuing a graduate degree at Columbus State University can be one of the most rewarding and career-enhancing decisions of your life. Graduate study requires high academic achievement, but the rewards are long-lasting. Columbus State can help you reach your goals with experienced faculty, real-life applications, experiential learning and the personalized attention you will need.
Admission to Graduate Programs differs from undergraduate admission as admission decisions at the graduate level are made by the individual academic departments and requirements vary by program. Please plan accordingly. Find your degree page on the graduate school site for more information about the admission to your particular program. You may also reference the graduate degree section of our catalog as it is the final authority on requirements for specific programs.
- A baccalaureate degree from a college or university accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations.
- Application + $50 non-refundable application fee (apply online or print form)
- Certificate of Immunization
- Official transcript from each college and university attended
- Test scores from the GRE, GMAT, MAT or other standardized test as required by the individual degree program.
- Verification and proof of Lawful Presence
|Deadlines for Semester||Summer||Fall||Spring|
|Graduate Application Deadline**||April 15th: May Session Start
May 15th: June Session Start
*Doctoral Program: March 1st
|Graduate Document Deadline||July 15th||December 12th|
** Please note that application deadlines vary by academic program. Please contact your academic department or the Graduate Office for specific deadlines information.
Graduate Admission Exams
Most programs require scores from one of the following standardized exams. Check individual programs below for specific exam requirements.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) - CSU School Code: 5123
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - CSU School Code: 1097
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) - CSU School Code: R64-XW-20
- Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) - CSU Program Provider Code: 411
Your completed application packet, which includes both general admission requirements and individual program requirements, should be submitted to Graduate Enrollment Services by the posted admission deadlines. Send your application packet, transcripts and scores to:Enrollment Services
Columbus State University
4225 University Avenue, Columbus, GA 31907
Note for out of state students
If you live outside the state of Georgia, state regulations may limit your distance education options. To find out whether Columbus State University is authorized to deliver specific programs in your state, please email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is exclusively for questions regarding state approval of online offerings. Other types of questions should be sent to the academic department offering the online course.
Also note: Columbus State University does NOT guarantee that programs that fulfill Georgia licensure requirements will necessarily satisfy the criteria of professional boards in other states or territories. Students from outside of Georgia who are considering a professional program should contact the appropriate board in their state of intended practice prior to beginning a course of study.