Graduate Admission Application
- In accordance with Board of Regents Policy 4.3.4, all applicants who are accepted for admission or readmission to Columbus State University for Fall, 2011 or any academic semester thereafter, and who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition purposes, will be required to provide validation of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States. Acceptance to Columbus State University is conditional until lawful presence is verified.
- Submit this Application for Admission form, accompanied by a $50 non-refundable application fee, to the Admissions Office. A check or money order should be made payable to CSU; the university is not responsible for cash sent through the mail. Exception: Georgia Residents 62 years of age or older, and previously enrolled students do not pay the application fee. Note: Georgia residents 62 years of age or older must provide proof of age for fee waivers.
- Applicants seeking admission to a Master's program must request that an official transcript from each college or university attended be sent directly to the Admission Office. Applicants seeking admission to the Specialist in Education program need only to request an official transcript from the institution where the Master's degree was earned. EdS applicants must have teaching experience verified by Superintendent of Schools and must submit a copy of your clear renewable teaching certificate.
- All applicants requesting admission to a graduate program are required to submit official test scores on an entrance examination appropriate to the degree objective. All graduate programs require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) except Master of Public Administration and Master of Business Administration. The Master of Public Administration will also accept scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). The Master of Business Administration will accept scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Requests for GMAT and GRE scores may be sent to ETS at the following addresses:
Graduate Management Admissions Test ETS, Box 966, Princeton, NJ 08540Applicants who wish to take any of these examinations on the CSU campus should contact the Testing Center at (706) 507-8020. Scores from tests taken more than five years prior to application for admission will not be accepted.
Graduate Record Examination ETS, Box 966, Princeton, NJ 08540
- Additional requirements may apply for some programs.
- A completed Certificate of Immunization must be received in the Admissions Office before enrollment. Forms are available in the Admissions Office and also on the web at: http://www.columbusstate.edu/admissions.
- Degree-seeking applicants are considered for admission upon the receipt of all required credentials. Applicants seeking admission as transient or audit students should contact the Admission Office or refer to the university catalog for specific procedures. *Applicants seeking non-degree status should contact the Admissions office for specific requirements.(See Admissions Information section on Application).
- Data such as ethnic origin, sex, and handicap are used for statistical reporting and will not be used in any way for rendering admission decisions.
- Action will not be taken on the application until all the credentials listed above have been received. When an application becomes ready for action during a peak period of activity in the Admissions Office, notification of action may be delayed. Ordinarily, application processing requires from two to three weeks.
- Applicants seeking financial assistance should contact the Financial Aid Office well in advance of the semester in which they wish to enter and obtain the necessary forms and application procedures.
- For a copy of the current year's university catalog, please visit our website at http://www.columbusstate.edu/academics/.
I understand that any material false statement made knowingly and willfully by me on this application, or any documents attached hereto may, in accordance with O.C.G.A. 16-10-71, which provides that upon conviction, a person who knowingly commits the offense of false swearing shall be punished by a fine of not more than $1,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years, or both, subject me to prosecution in a court of law. Additionally, I further understand than any such false statement may subject me to immediate dismissal from the institution.
Further, I certify that, to the best of my knowledge, the information submitted on this application is true and complete.
Fall Semester - June 30
Spring Semester - November 30
Summer Semester - April 15
Please complete the appropriate information and check the appropriate boxes.
A one-time $50 application fee is required. (Exception: Georgia residents 62 years of age or older, CSU Alumni or returning graduate students do not pay the fee).
This form is for applicants who do not need an I-20 form and a student visa. If you are not a U.S. citizen and/or do not have permanent resident status please complete the International Graduate Admission Application.
If you are interested in enrolling in an online program while living outside of the state of Georgia, please email the State Authorization office at email@example.com BEFORE YOU SUBMIT AN APPLICATION to find out whether Columbus State University is authorized to deliver your program of interest in your state. This email address is exclusively for questions regarding state authorization and licensing board approvals.
Your email must include: Your name, State(s) you will live in while taking classes, Program you are interested in.