High School Counselors
Hello and welcome to the Columbus State University Counselor Page! We are so thankful for all the hard work that you do for your students and their families throughout their college admissions process and beyond. We are also very grateful for all that you do for Columbus State University by allowing us into your offices and schools.
The CSU Counselor Page is designed to inform you of any pertinent admissions information that will help you and make your students' transition into Columbus State as seamless as possible. Please know that we are available throughout the year to help you in any way that is needed. You can find our Recruitment Team's information along with their recruitment territory below, and we encourage you to contact your school's recruiter with any questions you may have. We look forward to working with you and your students throughout the academic year.
About Columbus State University
Just 100 miles southwest of Atlanta in beautiful and historic Columbus, Georgia, Columbus State University is part of the University System of Georgia, enrolling more than 8,400 students in a wide variety of degree programs, from online degrees to a doctorate in education. Ranked among the top regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report, Columbus State offers nationally distinctive programs in the arts, education, business, nursing and more.
- Colleges, Majors, Degrees, and Programs
- Facts and Figures
- Two Distinct Campuses-Main Campus & RiverPark Campus
- Honors College, Servant Leadership Program, UTeach, Competitive Pre-Med Program
- Study Abroad
We understand your students have plenty of questions in regards to admissions and getting accepted into the university of their choice. Both you and your students are inundated with pages of facts, figures, and requirements. We hope to make this task as easy as possible with the following links:
- Meet Your Admissions Counselor and Specialist
- Undergraduate Viewbook & International Viewbook
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements & Deadlines
- Dual Enrollment
- International Students
- Student Tours and Special Events
- Group Tours
- Request More Information
- The Counselor Connection is a resource for high school counselors to check their students' application status online. The Counselor Connection cuts out the middle man and lets you instantly check each of your student's applications and any document they may be missing. If you do not see your school in the drop-down bar and want access, or if you have forgotten your password, please email@example.com, and we can quickly solve the problem.
- The Counselor Gazette is a monthly e-newsletter that contains important admission information such as upcoming dates, events, and changes in policy. The Gazette also highlights various news stories about Columbus State University and the city of Columbus. If you are not currently receiving the Counselor Gazette, please firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our subscription list.
Counselor Appreciation and Recognition Events
Columbus State University and the Office of Admissions are pleased to host school counselors at events both on and off-campus. The Counselor Appreciation and Recognition Events (C.A.R.E.) are counselor specific events held throughout the academic year. Events will range from our "Day in the Den" to regional counselor events throughout the state of Georgia. We will provide information about these events on the website and in the Counselor Gazette throughout the year.
The Fall 2019 Day in the Den date TBA
"A Day in the Den" is our new and consolidated counselor workshop for all high school and independent counselors in our counselor network. This will combine our Local Counselor Breakfast and our Counselor Day into one outstanding day for school counselors. We are so excited for this new program and think you will love the changes we have made. There will be workshops, fun activities, speakers from across campus, and a housing tour. Lunch will be provided. Space is limited so please let us know as quickly as possible if you can make it. Please contact Mr. Taylor King to RSVP at email@example.com.
Visiting Columbus State University
We encourage all counselors to visit campus throughout the year. If you would like to schedule a counselor visit to Columbus State, please contact Mr. Taylor King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to bring a group of students to our campus, please visit our Group Tour page for more information on how to do so.
One of the most common questions you probably get from your students is about Financial Aid. We know how challenging it is to know every school's Financial Aid process so we have provided the links below to help you with ours here at Columbus State.