Skip to Main Content

See our latest COVID-19 updates.


Frequently Asked Questions

Connect with the Dual Enrollment admission counselor or Advisor to apply to CSU as an undergraduate.  Request your final high school transcript after graduation.

All required course material will be provided to Dual Enrollment students through a lending system through the CSU Bookstore. Students (and parents if the student is under 18) will need to sign the CSU Bookstore Agreement, have it approved by the Dual enrollment advisor, Jay Davis, and submit it to the Bookstore. Materials will need to be returned to the CSU Bookstore in good condition within the designated timeframe, or the student will be charged for the course materials, less the $25 per credit hour allowance. The student will not be allowed to register for or continue with coursework the following semester until payment has been made to the Bursar’s Office.

Dual enrollment funding applications will be processed after the add/drop period. All students in Dual enrollment will reflect a balance and should only pay lab or course fees not covered by Dual enrollment.

Yes, at the beginning of the Fall & Spring semesters there will be an Orientation for all new Dual enrollment students.  Students will have the opportunity to get their student ID’s, parking decals, books, go on a campus tour, and speak with previous Dual enrollment students and parents.  Orientation is highly recommended for all new Dual enrollment students.



To schedule an appointment with the dual enrollment advisor, log on to MyCSU and click on "EAB Navigate" in the left hand navigation. From there:

  1. Click on "Get Assistance" (big blue button on the right)
  2. Choose "Advising"
  3. Choose "Academic Advising"
  4. Choose "Dual Enrollment Advising" & hit next
  5. Choose location as CSU Advise & Sip Grant-Library (Virtual Advising)
  6. Choose your advisor, "Emily Bagwell" and select an available appointment time.

Remember, right now, all appointments are virtual. You can reach out to Jay via email or call him to determine how you'd like to handle your appointment. He can be reached at or by phone at 706-565-1355.

 If you need this class to meet high school graduation requirements, you will need to contact your high school counselor immediately to discuss your options for fulfilling the graduation requirement. If you do not need the course or the credits for graduation, you may wish to withdraw prior to the "last day to withdraw from a class without academic penalty," as published on Columbus State University Academic calendar.

No. The Registrar’s Office will do this automatically for every Dual enrollment student.

Email all of your instructors to notify them and inquire about the impact of the absence on your grade. Policies for attendance missed exams, and make-up work should be listed on every instructor’s syllabus.  You will not be guaranteed an excused absence – it is up to the professor.

 Click HERE to order an Official Transcript to be sent to another college. 

 If the course is a graduation requirement, you must return to your high school to complete all or a portion of the class not fulfilled through your course work at Columbus State University.

 Joint Enrollment is where a student, while still in high school at the junior or senior level, can enroll in courses for college credit. Joint Enrollment students must pay for their full tuition and fees. Classes taken at the university will not count at the high school for credit.  Dual enrollment is where a high school student can enroll in courses that will count for both high school and college credit. Eligible Dual enrollment students can apply for funding through Accel by filling out an online Dual enrollment application at



Virtual Advisor