High school students may enhance their high school curriculum by enrolling in college courses as a Joint Enrollment student. Courses taken through joint enrollment result in college credit, not high school credit and the student is responsible for tuition.
Student Participation Requirements
- Student must meet all requirements for admission. Students not meeting one or more
of the requirements will not be admissible to participate in the program.
- Application for Admission along with $40 non-refundable application fee
- Combined Official SAT Critical Reading and Math scores of 970 or ACT English and Math Composite score of 20
- The minimum subsection scores must be:
- SAT Critical Reading 440 and SAT Math 410 on the SAT-1
- ACT English 17 and ACT Math 17
- Official transcripts from public/private high school
- Minimum Academic GPA 3.0
- Lawful Presence Verification
- Joint Enrollment Permission Form (PDF)
- Certificate of Immunization
To be eligible for Joint Enrollment, a student must:
- Be a rising junior or senior seeking a high school diploma from a public or private high school, home school, or home study program
- Be on track to graduate
- Meet U.S. citizenship requirements
- Obtain approval of the high school guidance counselor and parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
- Courses taken at Columbus State will not count toward high school requirements.
Joint Enrollment courses are funded entirely by the student and parent.