Columbus State University Print Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

 Q: How can I stay enrolled at CSU after I graduate from high school?

A: Connect with the Dual Enrollment admission counselor or Advisor to apply to CSU as an undergraduate.  Request your final high school transcript after graduation.

 Q: How do I get my books?

A: All required course material will be provided to Dual Enrollment students through a lending system through the CSU Bookstore.  Students (and parents if the student is under 18) will need to sign the CSU Bookstore Agreement, have it approved by the Dual enrollment advisor, Jay Davis, and submit it to the Bookstore.  Materials will need to be returned to the CSU Bookstore in good condition within the designated timeframe, or the student will be charged for the course materials, less the $25 per credit hour allowance.  The student will not be allowed to register for or continue with coursework the following semester until payment has been made to the Bursar’s Office.

 Q: Why do I have a balance showing?

A: Dual enrollment funding applications will be processed after the add/drop period. All students in Dual enrollment will reflect a balance and should only pay lab or course fees not covered by Dual enrollment.

 Q: Is there an Orientation for new Dual Enrollment students?

A: Yes, at the beginning of the Fall & Spring semesters there will be an Orientation for all new Dual enrollment students.  Students will have the opportunity to get their student ID’s, parking decals, books, go on a campus tour, and speak with previous Dual enrollment students and parents.  Orientation is highly recommended for all new Dual enrollment students.

 Q: How do I schedule an Advising Appointment?

A. Scheduling an appointment through EAB:

  1. Log-in through the MyCSU tab (upper right hand side) on the CSU Homepage.
  2. Click EAB on the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
  3. On the upper right-hand side click on the tab "Get Advising".
  4. Select "Dual-Enollment Advising or Academic Advising"
  5. Select "Dual-Enrollment Advising" reason you would like to meet with an Advisor using the 2 drop-down menus.
  6. Select ACE as your location.
  7. Select Jay Davis
  8. Here you will see available times. Choose your day/morning or afternoon
  9. Available times will show in blue by date on the next screen.
  10. To Book: Click on a time under the date you wish to schedule and select "Next".

The Appointment Confirmation Screen will come up.

Q: I am afraid I am not doing well in one of my classes. Should I withdraw from it?

A: If you need this class to meet high school graduation requirements, you will need to contact your high school counselor immediately to discuss your options for fulfilling the graduation requirement. If you do not need the course or the credits for graduation, you may wish to withdraw prior to the "last day to withdraw from a class without academic penalty," as published on Columbus State University Academic calendar.

Q: Do I need to request a transcript be sent to my high school at the end of each term?

A: No. The Registrar’s Office will do this automatically for every Dual enrollment student.

Q: I know I will have to miss class at CSU for a high school event. What should I do?

A: Email all of your instructors to notify them and inquire about the impact of the absence on your grade. Policies for attendance, missed exams, and make-up work should be listed on every instructor’s syllabus.  You will not be guaranteed an excused absence – it is up to the professor.

Q: How do I order a transcript to be sent to another college?

A: Click HERE, to order an Official Transcript to be sent to another college. 

Q: What happens if I fail a class?

A: If the course is a graduation requirement, you must return to your high school to complete all or a portion of the class not fulfilled through your course work at Columbus State University.

Q: What the difference between Joint Enrollment vs Dual enrollment?

A: Joint Enrollment is where a student, while still in high school at the junior or senior level, can enroll in courses for college credit. Joint Enrollment students must pay for their full tuition and fees. Classes taken at the university will not count at the high school for credit.  Dual enrollment is where a high school student can enroll in courses that will count for both high school and college credit. Eligible Dual enrollment students can apply for funding through Accel by filling out an online Dual enrollment application at .

Q: The Academic and Student Affairs Handbook states that a minimum of 970(Critical Reading + Math) is required for Dual Enrollment admission. How should this be determined for students applying for Summer 2017, Fall 2017, or Spring 2018 and submitting scores from the new SAT?

A: Students submitting scores from the new SAT and applying for Dual Enrollment admission for Summer 2017, Fall 2017, or Spring 2018 must achieve at least the equivalent of the 970(Critical Reading + Math) based on the College Board concordance tables. A score from the new Reading test should be converted to an old Math section scores.  The sum of those two scores is the total scores that should be considered in the Dual Enrollment admission decision.  Institutions should be aware that the sum of a student's converted Critical Reading score + Math score may not be the same as their converted Total score since the new Total score includes the Writing and Language test in addition to the Reading test score and Math section score.