Graduate Program Admissions
Pursuing a graduate degree at Columbus State University can be one of the most rewarding and career-enhancing decisions of your life. Graduate study requires high academic achievement, but the rewards are long-lasting. Columbus State can help you reach your goals with experienced faculty, real-life applications, experiential learning and the personalized attention you will need.
Admission to Graduate Programs differs from undergraduate admission as admission decisions at the graduate level are made by the individual academic departments and requirements vary by program. Please plan accordingly. Find your degree page on the graduate school site for more information about the admission to your particular program. You may also reference the graduate degree section of our catalog as it is the final authority on requirements for specific programs.
- A baccalaureate or master degree from a college or university accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations
- Application + $50 non-refundable application fee (apply online or print form)
- Certificate of Immunization
- Official transcript from each college and university attended
- Test scores from the GRE, GMAT, MAT or other standardized test as required by the individual degree program
- Verification and proof of Lawful Presence
|Deadlines for Semester||Summer||Fall||Spring|
|Graduate Application Deadline**||April 15th||June 30th||November 30th|
|Graduate Document Deadline||April 30th||July 15th||December 11th|
** Please note that application deadlines vary by academic program. Please contact your academic department for specific deadlines information.
Graduate Admission Exams
Most programs require scores from one of the following standardized exams. Check individual programs below for specific exam requirements.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) - CSU School Code: 5123
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - CSU School Code: 1097
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) - CSU School Code: R64-XW-20
- Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) - CSU Program Provider Code: 411
Your completed application packet, which includes both general admission requirements and individual program requirements, should be submitted to the Office of Admissions by the posted admission deadlines. Send your application packet, transcripts and scores to:Office of Admissions
Columbus State University
4225 University Avenue, Columbus, GA 31907
Note for out of state students
If you live outside of the State of Georgia, your distance education options may be limited. To find out whether Columbus State University is authorized to deliver a specific program in your state, please email the State Authorization office at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is exclusively for questions regarding state and licensing board approvals.
- Your name
- State(s) you will live in while taking classes
- Program you are interested in
For all other questions please contact the appropriate department:
CSU can NOT guarantee that licensure, certification, or endorsement programs will necessarily satisfy the criteria of professional boards in states other than Georgia. Students who are considering a professional program, and who intend to seek employment outside of Georgia, should contact the appropriate board in their state of intended practice prior to beginning a course of study.
Follow the links below for professional licensure contact information by state.
Visit our Out of State Student page for more information.