Graduate Program Admissions
Pursuing a graduate degree at Columbus State University can be one of the most rewarding and career-enhancing decisions of your life. Graduate study requires high academic achievement, but the rewards are long-lasting. Columbus State can help you reach your goals with experienced faculty, real-life applications, experiential learning and the personalized attention you will need.
- A baccalaureate or master degree from a college or university accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations
- Application + $50 non-refundable application fee (apply online or print form)
- Certificate of Immunization
- Official transcript from each college and university attended
- Test scores from the GRE, GMAT, MAT or other standardized test as required by the individual degree program
- Verification and proof of Lawful Presence
Admission to Graduate Programs differs from undergraduate admission as admission decisions at the graduate level are made by the individual academic departments and requirements vary by program. Please plan accordingly. Find YOUR degree page on the graduate school site for more information about the admission to your particular program. You may also reference the graduate degree section of our catalog as it is the final authority on requirements for specific programs.
Your completed application packet, which includes both general admission requirements and individual program requirements, should be submitted to the Office of Admissions by the posted admission deadlines. Send your application packet, supplemental documents, transcripts and scores to Columbus State University online or via mail:
- Document upload page
- Email at email@example.com
- Mail to Office of Admissions, Columbus State University, 4225 University Avenue, Columbus, GA 31907
|Deadlines for Semester||Summer||Fall||Spring|
|Graduate Application Deadline**||April 15th||June 30th||November 30th|
|Graduate Document Deadline||April 30th||July 15th||December 11th|
** Please note that application deadlines vary by academic program. Please contact your academic department for specific deadlines information.
Graduate Admission Exams
Most programs require scores from one of the following standardized exams. Check individual programs below for specific exam requirements.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) - CSU School Code: 5123
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - CSU School Code: 1097
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) - CSU School Code: R64-XW-20
- Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) - CSU Program Provider Code: 411
Note for out of state students
If you will be living outside of Georgia while enrolled in courses, please visit our Program State Authorizations and Approvals page before applying to find out if Columbus State University is able to offer your program of interest where you will be living.
If you will be living internationally, or have any questions about state authorization or professional licensure authorization, please contact the State Authorization office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your email:
- Your name
- Where you will be physically present while taking classes
- Program of interest
The State Authorization office can only address questions related to state or licensing board approvals, for all other questions please contact the appropriate department:
Visit our Out of State Student page for more information for students living out of state.