Graduate Program Admissions
***Fall 2021 graduate application deadlines have been extended until
July 15, 2021 for most graduate programs.
Create what's next. Columbus State's 30-plus graduate programs are designed to empower students to advance professionally, change careers, and deepen their understanding of new and emerging fields.
Our programs span a wide range of areas, but all share a set of common strengths:
- They emphasize hands-on learning and creative problem-solving strategies.
- They're led by world-class instructors and groundbreaking researchers who are eager to help you succeed.
- And they focus on your creative pursuits, priorities, and professional goals.
By earning a graduate degree from Columbus State, you're taking your education to the next level. Here, learning becomes leading – and you become a force for change in the lives of others.
Columbus State offers the following graduate degree programs:
- Master's Degrees
- Doctorate Degrees
- Specialist Degrees
- A baccalaureate or master degree from a college or university accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations
- Application + $50 non-refundable application fee (apply online or print form (PDF))
- Certificate of Immunization (PDF)
- Official transcript from each college and university attended
- Test scores from the GRE, GMAT, MAT or other standardized test as required by the individual degree program
- Verification and proof of Lawful Presence
Admission to Graduate Programs differs from undergraduate admission as admission decisions at the graduate level are made by the individual academic departments and requirements vary by program. Please plan accordingly. Find YOUR degree page on the graduate school site for more information about the admission to your particular program. You may also reference the graduate degree section of our catalog as it is the final authority on requirements for specific programs.
Your completed application packet, which includes both general admission requirements and individual program requirements, should be submitted to the Office of Admissions by the posted admission deadlines. Send your application packet, supplemental documents, transcripts and scores to Columbus State University online or via mail:
- Document Upload Page
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Office of Admissions, Columbus State University, 4225 University Avenue, Columbus, GA 31907
General Application Deadlines
|Semester||Graduate Application Deadline**||Graduate Document Deadline|
|Summer||April 15th||April 30th|
|Fall||June 30th||July 15th|
|Spring||November 30th||December 11th|
Program-Specific Application Deadlines and Terms of Entry
|Program||Semester||Graduate Application Deadlines|
|M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling||Fall||March 1st|
|M.Ed. in School Counseling||Fall||March 1st|
|Ed.D. in Curriculum and Leadership||Fall||May 15th|
|M.S.N. Family Nurse Practitioner||Fall
|M.A. in Communication||Fall
|Online Master of Business Administration||Fall
|M.S. in Robotics Engineering||Fall
|Master of Public Health||Fall*||June 30th|
*The Fall 2021 application deadline for Master of Public Health has been extended to July 15, 2021.
Graduate Admission Exams
Most programs require scores from one of the following standardized exams. Check individual programs below for specific exam requirements.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) - CSU School Code: 5123
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - CSU School Code: 1097
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) - CSU School Code: R64-XW-20
- Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) - CSU Program Provider Code: 411
Note for Out-of-State Students
If you will be living outside of Georgia while enrolled in courses, please visit our Program State Authorizations and Approvals page before applying to find out if Columbus State University is able to offer your program of interest where you will be living.
If you will be living internationally, or have any questions about state authorization or professional licensure authorization, please contact the State Authorization office at email@example.com. Please include in your email:
- Your name
- Where you will be physically present while taking classes
- Program of interest
The State Authorization office can only address questions related to state or licensing board approvals, for all other questions please contact the appropriate department:
Visit our Out-of-State Student page for more information for students living out of state.