Columbus State University Print Logo

International Students

Definition of an International Student:

  • You are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and are currently in the United States on an F-1 student Visa.
  • You will require an F-1 visa to enter and study in the United States.
  • You are currently in the United States on some other class of visa. A copy of your visa from your passport must be submitted.
  • Students interested in the English Language Institute should choose the option below for instructions on how to apply.


International Undergraduate Application (For those requiring a student Visa)

International Graduate Application (For those requiring a student Visa)

For CSU Admission requirements please select student type from the following:

For additional information:

Note for out of state students

If you will be living outside of Georgia while enrolled in courses, please visit our Program State Authorizations and Approvals page before applying to find out if Columbus State University is able to offer your program of interest where you will be living.

If you will be living internationally, or have any questions about state authorization or professional licensure authorization, please contact the State Authorization office at Please include in your email:

  • Your name
  • Where you will be physically present while taking classes
  • Program of interest

The State Authorization office can only address questions related to state or licensing board approvals, for all other questions please contact the appropriate department:

Visit our Out of State Student page for more information for students living out of state.

Click on the viewbook image to learn why you should make
Columbus State University your First Choice!

International Viewbook